Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF)
YOF grants are given only to Key Clubs. Grants are not given to divisions or districts.
- Grant amounts between US$250 to US$2,000 may be requested.
- There are two opportunities per year to apply for a grant from the Youth Opportunities Fund.
- The applications for the first cycle must be received by October 15 at 8:59 p.m. PT/11:59 p.m. ET.
- The applications for the second cycle must be received by March 1 at 8:59 p.m. PT/11:59 p.m. ET.
- A club cannot receive more than one grant per Key Club year.
- Applications are reviewed by a Key Club International Board committee.
- Grant applicants are emailed about outcomes and a list of grant recipients is posted online four weeks following the application deadline (I.e., November and April).
- The previous year’s dues must be paid before YOF grant checks can be issued.
- A YOF Final Grant Report is due at the end of the grant cycle to qualify a club for future funding.
- Have Key Club member engagement
- Fill a need within your community. Determine that need by completing a community needs assessment.
- Support activities within at least one Kiwanis Children’s Fund cause area: health, education or youth leadership development.
- Spend the grant money within 12 months of when the grant is awarded.